Thursday, May 24, 2007

Is it the quality of Producers, or Media Exec. policy?

I was not sure how I was going to initiate my blogging , but Keith Olberman on MSNBC made it easy for me. I like Keith Olberman , he strikes me as an upstanding human being , he is funny and in my opinion one of the very few who still exhibits principles in his "Special Comments" , whether you agree with him or not.

BUT , I cannot understand for the life of me why he does not refuse to report all the stupid so called news that is continuously being shoved in our face? Sanjaya , American Idol, Michael Jackson, Rosie O'Donnell , and the list goes on and on and on .

Why do Media Executives treat us, the viewing audience like morons and make the decisions on what we should be watching ? And why do we still allow them . I know, I can switch channels , but guess what , going one click up brings in Fox News , and one click down it's CNN, not much of a choice . So I end up clicking the OFF button .

I remember during the Anna Nicole Smith saga .... which ran for days with no end in sight, some of the ( how do we refer to these guys ? Talk Show Hosts , Journalists , Commentators? if any body knows how to properly address them , please tell me ) like Chris Matthews of Hardball, you could see some embarrassment in his face in having to turn Hardball into a Soap/News Opera.

And the worst part is when later , WE, the audience are blamed for having an insatiable appetite for these news. All the Analysts and Consultants gather around to remind us that WE, the audience like these kind of news and scandals, and the Media Executives and Producers are just obliging !


2 comments:

Shooshana said...

Dear Mary,
I was very impressed to see your Blog, you seem to be a very straight forward and very opinionated individual, i like that, unfortunately, most people are not honest and sincere about their feelings, unlike you, outspoken and says it as it is.. I agree with most of what you have written, the corrupted news media execs, who can't seem to be able to tell the truth to the good people of its respective states, as you mentioned, i could go on and on, but enough for today, i will keep checking out your blog as often as i can, keep up the good work.... much appreciated. Also, i will make sure to go to Palm Springs in the very near future, it sounds heavenly the way you put it.... :)
Respectfully,
Shooshana,

Anonymous said...

Mary - couldn't agree with you more. I don't know who is telling those "morons" as you put it that We want to keep seeing all this junk news .... It is shameful that they could not leave poor Anna Nicole Smith alone in her death.

Unfortunately, it all boils down to money. As long as there are people watching trashy news and advertisers paying to advertise on those shows, we are stuck with what we have ....

Thank you for voicing your opinion on this.

Joey

Powered By Blogger